Re: IML: New Auto-Temp II Servo Solution?

--- jhplc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Auto-Temper's..
> Found this while surfing the net..
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/productpage.aspx?pid=109850&name=Digital+AC+Servo+Upgrade+Kit

That's an interesting item--the only drawback I see is
the $699 price tag.  Yikes!  Of course, the
aluminum-bodied servo replacement available from
Performance Analysis Company of Oak Ridge, TN, is
currently at $595, so it's still a pricey replacement
(see
http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Vendors/performancebrochure.pdf
for more info on that one).

> And also won on ebay a used servo made of
> aluminum..(typed in "Mercedes Servo" on ebay search)
> ..will see how it works....$90

I'd say that's a good price -- and also points out
that one might find these guys by scoping junk yards
for Mercedes from that era as well.

Elijah (glad to have a '71 Imperial with standard
AirTemp, rather than AutoTemp II!)

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron