Re: IML: Adding to the fleet

  I was talking to a local service rep at a new car dealership. He advised me that all of the dealers in the Chicago area are being trained to watch for flood cars. He advised me that some of the flood cars can and will run with some work. He also advised that after a few months the owner of the flood cars will start to have electrical problems. He advised me if the car was under salt water, the problems will be even worse. I told him that I was interested in a flood car, and he talked about all of the problems I would have. For me, I think I will pass on a flood car. After talking to him, the bottom line seems to be, don't get in to deep with one of these cars. The money you save now will cost you later. For what ever it is worth, I was talking to another guy that was dealing with flood cars. He was buying cars that water was up the floors. He was selling them after washing the titles. So far all the people that bought the cars are happy with them. Once again, if you buy a flood car be careful and don't invest all your time and money in it. Good luck