Re: IML: Torque Converter Question (A-727)

Phil comments, the trans and converter came right out of a '68 Imperial as a complete unit that was bolted right to the engine of a car that was a running unit parked and then bought by me..............also all this is new to me as of today??!!!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:46 PM
Subject: IML: Torque Converter Question (A-727)

I purchased a transmission from Phil Juliano for my '68 Crown. Phil does know his stuff. The transmission was marked 1968 and came with a torque converter.

When we were installing the transmission, a friend's brother, who is a mechanic, was having difficultly getting the torque converter to lock into place on the input shaft. He called in a transmission shop owner he knows. This guy checked it out and claims I have a 1966 transmission with a ninteen spline hub and a 1968 transmission with twenty splines.

Does this sound correct? Even if this is a '66 Tranny, I was under the impression all '65 & up standard duty A-727s for passenger car use used the same spline count.

Comments?