RE: IML: Brakes on a 63

He said his mechanic told him he couldn't find anything wrong  with either the shoes or wheel cylinders.
If I don't buy the car I would at least like to give the  owner an idea as to what is wrong.
Very un -imperial braking  to say the least
  Thanks in advance

My wild guess would be a problem with the booster,  I have had a similar problem with a couple of other Chrysler products from the era.  In those cars the brakes had two settings...  Off and "Lets make close friends with the windshield".  In both cases a new booster and master cylinder from my friendly local parts store fixed it right up.

                       Steve B.