Re: IML: 1960 master cylinder

The question is why did all car manufacturers switch to the dual master brake cylinder? I think we know.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob van der Es"
Subject: Re: IML: 1960 master cylinder
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:48:26 +0100 (CET)

@Paul:

Can you please explain to all of us why a dual master isn't necessary?
I think it will add a lot of safety, if one circuit fails there will be
another circuit that allows you to stop that heavy car!

Being the owner of a 1960 Crown I am still in doubts if I have to switch
over to a dualmaster cylinder or front disc brakes..

I agree with you that a well maintained standard system will do the job
perfectly, but there are no safeguards...

Robert