Re: IML: FSM - Manual differences

What do you want to know?
Which ones are you looking at?

There is an incomplete 1956 Service Manual that has
it's cover posted here:

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1956/FSM/index.htm

Although the online version is not yet complete (we
need an original, still!), some of the info is up
already.

Regarding other stuff out there:

CD versions are losers in my opinion - caveat emptor.

There are a few folks that are making reproductions
that are of medium to marginal quality.  I say this
after spending the last 24 months bottom feeding and
putting in low bids on manuals for all years on ebay
so that we can hopefully get them up on the website at
some point.  Every once in awhile I do manage to be
the only bidder under $20, and so have gotten about 20
years worth so far.

The original FSM paper is very heavy bond and is
resistant to grease on fingers to a certain extent.
Nice, thick paper.  The newer stuff is on modern
paper, has horrible scans, is very absorbent, and
although is functional, is hardly the quality that one
would expect for the prices asked, AND the paper is so
poorly bound that I am uncertain if it would withstand
the drubbing that I've given my 1960 FSM in the
process of actually using the poor thing.

FSM's online are nice because you can print out the
page and take it to the car/mechanic/parts counter and
highlight what you need to be looking at...

http://imperialclub.com/Articles/literature.htm

Try Faxon's Auto Lit on their ebay store if you want
instant gratification and something in-hand right off.

Good luck.

-Kenyon

--- John Harvey <50scars@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have any idea about the differences
> between the various "SERVICE MANUALS" listed for 56
> Chryslers and Imperials?
> I see a number of different covers that appear to
> cover the same cars.

Kenyon Wills