Re: IML: Eagle Trivia Answers

There's a guy in Detroit that I talked to that claimed
otherwise.  Said that he got the equvalent of 2
tractor trailers of literature and archives.  His
story was that they really did fear going out of
business and that they were even looking for a place
to deposit Walter P's original tool box, which shows
up in one of the 1950's advertisements.  People say
all kinds of things, though.  I told a gal online that
I was rich, smart, and handsome, so you can't beleive
everything that you hear.

Whether related to that or not, I've repeatedly bumped
into a fellow on ebay that works for DC.  He is buying
MTSC manuals, and I asked him why.  He said that they
had gotten rid of them some time back and that he had
been tasked to rebuild the library.

I wasn't there and so can't comment further, but those
are the two corroborating stories that prompted my
statement.

Do you have any thoughts on why they'd reverse the
eagle?  I don't think that it was because we were at
war.

-Kenyon

--- SherwoodK@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Kenyon:
>
> I am not aware of any of Chrysler's archives being
> flushed during the hard
> times in the early 80s. I have intimate knowledge of
> those times and most
> importantly, Chrysler's Archives. Those in charge of
> the archives at that time
> were well aware of their importance.
>
> Sherwood Kahlenberg

Kenyon Wills