Re: Fwd: Re: IML: Painting the 56/68

I looked at a 1966 New Yorker which was for sale several years ago. The owner had purchased the car in primer and took it to the local Macco for a $299 paint job. It was the original color light green. The car looked awesome and I saw it several years later and it still looked great.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Miller"
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: IML: Painting the 56/68
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:51:01 -0800

Ya know, the low-cost paint shops are not all
that bad. They're not for the trailer-queen
show cars, certainly, but for those of us who
need to get some decent paint on our drivers,
they really make sense. The key is to do the
preparation yourself. By that, I don't mean to
sand and prime, but remove the trim, bumpers,
inside door panels, weather stripping and the
like. The job will look 100% better if you do
this.

Ken Miller
Portland, Oregon

61 and 67 Imperial Converts (still needing paint)
64 New Yorker Salon (done at a Maaco-equivalent and lookin' pretty darn good)

Timothy Hulse wrote:

> Luis,
> I will be paying 1,000.00 for mine. I have
> done all the body work to help save with
> cost. I have had bids before and it is
> usually around 2500.00-3500.00 at most shops.
> I know some people will bark about it but I
> use Macco in Bkfd. All shops have different
> managers and what they expect from there
> employees. The Macco I use does all the paint
> and Body for Chevrolete here in Bkfd. They
> will do what ever you ask them to. I always
> tell them I want the paint job to look nice.
> Meaning if some one walks up to it they say
> wow Macco did that. I had a member of the
> club offer to do it but there is no way I can
> afford the trip up to northern California.
> Every dime is tight. If you go into a Macco
> they always have a special going but dont
> pick one, tell them what you want and how
> much more would that cost.
>
> Good luck
> Tim louis colon wrote:
>

> Note: forwarded message attached.
>

> Luis Colon
> 1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker.
>
> Hi Tim,
> I am planning on painting my 68 in January How much
> are they charging you to do it? How long will it take
> to get your car Back? I haven't had a chance to do my
> homework on this so I'll know what to look for.
>
> Thanks Luis
>
> P.S Hope you get your 56 back by Christmas!
>
> --- Timothy Hulse wrote:
>
> > Well,
> > Christmas bonus is coming through. Hope to have
> > the 56 Imp down to the paint shop in the next week
> > or two. I am so excited. Going original with White
> > body and Surf green roof. I feel like a kid waiting
> > to open a Christmas present.
> >
> > Tim
> > 56 Imperial 2-dr Southampton
> > Bakersfield

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

This message was sent to you by the Imperial
Mailing List. Please reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response
will be shared with everyone. Private messages
(and attachments) for the