Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: IML: Painting the 56/68

Ya know, the low-cost paint shops are not all that bad. They're not for the trailer-queen show cars, certainly, but for those of us who need to get some decent paint on our drivers, they really make sense.
The key is to do the preparation yourself. By that, I don't mean to sand and prime, but remove the trim, bumpers, inside door panels, weather stripping and the like. The job will look 100% better if you do this.

Ken Miller
Portland, Oregon

61 and 67 Imperial Converts (still needing paint)
64 New Yorker Salon (done at a Maaco-equivalent and lookin' pretty darn good)