Re: Fwd: Re: IML: Painting the 56/68

Ya know, the low-cost paint shops are not all that bad. They're not for the trailer-queen show cars, certainly, but for those of us who need to get some decent paint on our drivers, they really make sense.

The key is to do the preparation yourself. By that, I don't mean to sand and prime, but remove the trim, bumpers, inside door panels, weather stripping and the like. The job will look 100% better if you do this.

Ken Miller
Portland, Oregon

61 and 67 Imperial Converts (still needing paint)
64 New Yorker Salon (done at a Maaco-equivalent and lookin' pretty darn good)

Timothy Hulse wrote:

Luis,
I will be paying 1,000.00 for mine. I have done all the body work to help save with cost. I have had bids before and it is usually around 2500.00-3500.00 at most shops. I know some people will bark about it but I use Macco in Bkfd. All shops have different managers and what they expect from there employees. The Macco I use does all the paint and Body for Chevrolete here in Bkfd. They will do what ever you ask them to. I always tell them I want the paint job to look nice. Meaning if some one walks up to it they say wow Macco did that. I had a member of the club offer to do it but there is no way I can afford the trip up to northern California. Every dime is tight. If you go into a Macco they always have a special going but dont pick one, tell them what you want and how much more would that cost.
Good luck
Tim

louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Note: forwarded message attached.

Luis Colon 1968 Blue Convertable,1974 Chysler New Yorker. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yahoo! DSL <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=37474/*http://promo.yahoo.com/broadband/> Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or lessDate: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:46:17 -0800 (PST) From: Luis C <luis1024@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: IML: Painting the 56 To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, louis colon <luis10241@xxxxxxxxx>

    Hi Tim,
    I am planning on painting my 68 in January How much
    are they charging you to do it? How long will it take
    to get your car Back? I haven't had a chance to do my
    homework on this so I'll know what to look for.

Thanks Luis

P.S Hope you get your 56 back by Christmas!

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs