From: Denjohn7@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:40:59 EST
Subject: Re: IML: Painting your Imperial

I've had over eight cars done by them here in Redwood City, Ca. before they changed hands and the body work done for me was good, except for one. Wish I'd have checked before paint job, Oh well! Don't use them since they changed hands 3 times the price and no better job. Met a couple at hot August nights that had a super nice painted Corvair, and asked who did it. They said Maaco in there home town, said he had all his cars painted there. I was shocked and now will check them out here.
Denis 58 Vert & 3-62's
I haven't followed this thread but I am preparing for a repaint of my black 65 Crown. Do these shops like Miracle do minor body work/rust repair? What about the chrome bits? Are they removed or just masked?

Eric,
I had my 64 Crown done by Miracle Auto Painting in Stockton CA. I was very pleased with the job. I would suggest you visit the different shops and look at a finished product. They should have a couple in various stages of finish to so you can see the process. If they won't let you see that then I would move on to another shop. I also agree that going to black you would  be very unhappy. Shops like Miracle & Maaco do so much painting they are pretty good at it. I had a bad experience with Earl Scheib  awhile back, so I wouldn't personally recommend them, According to the Sacramento Phone book you have 5 Maaco's and 5 Miracle's to choose from. That should give you a pretty good start. Good luck & keep us updated

George
64 Crown
64 LeBaron