IML: 67-69 turn signal switches for tilt wheel cars, #2880 271 (Was: Tur

IML: 67-69 turn signal switches for tilt wheel cars, #2880 271 (Was: Turn Signal Switch 69)

Let me guess, the $690 was our old friend Frank, right?

My advice is to set your eBay watch system to keep an eye out for it - I've
gotten mine in the last few years on eBay, and paid less than $100 each
time. I got one for $20 last year!  All of these were brand new in the
sealed box; manufactured in the late 80s with the improved materials.  The
last one I bought from a dealer in Phoenix cost $114, but that was about 5
years ago.

I should mention, I guess, that NAPA sells a repair kit for these, but I've
tried to use it on one of the switches, and while it works, it isn't as good
as a brand new switch, and it is particularly difficult to get the cornering
lights to work right with the repair kit.  You'd also need considerable
soldering skills and experience to connect the repair part's electrical
hookup without making a mess of the repair.  I finally gave up on the
repaired switch, and installed one of the new ones in my 68.

Dick