Re: IML: LeBaron Rear Window Filler - Paint the fiberglass area?

Re: IML: LeBaron Rear Window Filler - Paint the fiberglass area?

I dont think the filler will last long as has been stated the fiberglass filler was never ment to be seen.    and Fred I have a 75 forest green i changed my top to white and I love it. gave the car a whole new look.
--
Alan Jordan
90 IMP

-------------- Original message from "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>: --------------

I believe that there was a 4 door Fuselage LeBaron for sale on e-bay very recently that had the vinyl roof removed and seams filled. It did not look as good as I thought it would! I may have saved some pictures of it on my home computer.

I have been thinking along similar lines as you about the roof, but will probably go back to a vinyl roof. My 1969 LeBaron 2 door is green with a green vinyl roof (before removal) and a green interior. I am thinking that a white vinyl roof would look good and maybe keep it a little cooler!

For the painted roof, you would probably have to put some kind of filler over the entire fiberglass insert to get a good paint finish which would increase the difficulty. I also think that you may get cracking along the seams. What about a half vinyl roof?

Also, when I removed my window insert there was a fair amount of rust under it on the rear deck.

Good luck