IML: Auto pilot review.

The B B finally has her auto pilot installed and working. It took making up completely new brackets for the power brake vacuum tank and mounting it sideways to fit everything in as was suggested by Dick Benjamin (Thanks for the Picture). It was as marvelous an experience as was found by the reviewers in 1957, the system performed flawlessly. Speed was held to within about 2 MPH even on severe grades and the speed warning system worked just like they said. I set the dial for 35 MPH and accelerated from a stop. At exactly 35 MPH the throttle pushed back against my foot to warn me I was about to exceed the set speed, let’s see a modern system do that!.

For a mechanical system designed almost 50 years ago it was most impressive.  I would recommend anybody purchasing an Imperial whether for city use or highway cruising order this most impressive option.

Ernie and The Black Bitc_!!