IML: Voyage to the bottom of the sea - grabbing video for the web

IML: Voyage to the bottom of the sea - grabbing video for the web

Well, HEY!  How about taking a bite out of this and
chewing on it?

I don't have a clue about doing it either (as with so
many things), but am so swamped in stuff to scan for
the website that I don't have time to worry about that
myself.  How hard can it be?

If I did have time, I'd probably look at asking a
local computer place about video capture or editing
software.  How can I grab a clip off of a DVD and turn
it into a file that could be posted on the internet
with audio?  Show them what's there already?  Nice
examples, because Mike Trettin did good work.

I doubt that this is complex technology - just
involves a learning curve.  Like I said, we have folks
that can post the stuff - it's the getting and
fiddling with the material that is the big hang-up,
since the other volunteers are busy on things like 600
page FSM's and stuff like that.  For how clean and
easy the site is to navigate, you have to admit that
there is a LOT of stuff there, and people don't
understand that each image is individually
reformatted, cleaned up, and otherwise manipulated to
create consistency.  There's a lot of time invested
there, and we need some new energy!!!  Come on in!!
Think about the other places on the web that you've
visited that seemed a bit, well, "rough"....

If you can do the capture on that set of media that
you have, you can do any of the other wonderful
suggestions that have poured in from the many admirers
of Imperials about where they are lurking onscreen,
and rentals are pretty cheap these days.

C'mon - in the 600 people here, there MUST be somebody
that has an idea or two about how to get this going!

Contact me or the website off-list if you have more
questions or want to sign up (JUMP!  JUMP!).

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills