IML: '73 door detent spring

Hi, list,

Yesterday as I closed the driver's door on my '73 LeBaron, I heard an ominous noise, and when I checked, the spring that holds the door in the open position had broken right at the retainer strap. I was busy getting my daughter's car loaded for her return to university after spring break, so I didn't try to get the old spring out, but it looks like it might take removing the door to get it loose. I've heard horror stories of early '60s cars with broken retainer straps damaging the front quarter panel, but it doesn't look like that will happen on the '73--the door just won't stay open. Anyone have experience with these springs or know of a source for a replacement spring? Thanks in advance!

Jay

Jay King
Meridian, Mississippi

Honey Gold 1973 Imperial LeBaron 4DHT
Sterling Silver 1981 Chrysler Imperial Coupe
Charcoal Gray 1985 Chrysler Fifth Avenue
Nightwatch Blue 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue