RE: IML: 64 Imperial gas tank/sending unit/etc questions

I just replaced my tank and sending unit this past weekend on my 65 Imperial, I would definitely suggest installing a new sending unit even if you are not sure just to complete the entire job while you have everything off.

BattleAx

Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 2:54 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 64 Imperial gas tank/sending unit/etc questions

I am getting ready to replace my gas tank on my recently acquired 64 conv. I have a very nice tank to put in and was able to get a new grommet for the filler tube. I'm not sure my sending unit works since I really can't put any gas in the badly leaking tank. Can I test it after removing the tank? Since I'm replacing everything should I just replace the sending unit? I got what seems an absurd price to rebuild it of $250. Are they available for sale? I want to take care of this so I don't have to fool around with the tank twice. Any advise on the sending unit is greatly appreciated or on any other things I should do while the tank is out.

Greg