RE: IML: 1958 Imperial Convert.HELP!

I don't doubt that the battery cables could be causing a no start condition. In fact you should almost always start with checking the cables and connectors are clean and tight. However, if your battery and cables are the problem, then how will jumping the relay or starter help? You still need to get the juice from the battery. The original poster said the car started when jumped at the relay, so I think the battery/cables being the problem is unlikely. My reply might have been unclear. I didn't say you *couldn't* jump it at the starter relay, just that if the car started the battery and battery cables were not a likely culprit.

Rob

Frany om: "Hardrick, Brian" <HardrickBG@xxxxxxxxxxxx>00

I agree with the gentleman that stated the battery cable could be the
issue because I just fixed the exact same problem I was having with my
65 Imperial.  And to the others that responded you would not be able to
jump it from the relay that it totally incorrect, it can be jumped from
the relay or the starter.

BattleAx