Re: IML: Please Welcome Miguel

Hi, Miguel --

Congratulations on saving a beautiful car.  We want pictures, please, so you can put the car's story on the web site.

There is no such thing as a "numbers matching" '66 Imperial.  The best you can hope for is all the not Imperial specific parts are correct year parts.  The VIN is not inscribed inside the frame rails or anything silly like that.

Look for your build sheet.  First place is under the rear seat.  If you see a rodent nest, it may contain parts of your build sheet.

Second place to look is behind the rear seat.  You may be able to verify this by pulling back the cardboard in the trunk and shining a flashlight into the seat back.

Third place to look is taped behind the glove box.  Fourth under the carpet, maybe front and maybe rear.  Lastly, it may be under the fabric on the rear of the front seat, but that was mostly for bucket seat cars.

If you find it, you will have the options your car was and was not built with.  You may also find the VIN on an old piece of registration or title.  Armed with that, you can obtain some information from the Chrysler Historical Foundation.

We want to see the car!  And perhaps you and I can have ouir cars side by side at the Big Meet if I make it over there.  Not this year, maybe next.

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man