IML: 73 now runs..(but)

Based on what you have said I would guess you still have a crossed plug wire or a bad wire.  Someone also suggested replacing the distributor.  Normally I would say not the problem but if you have put in an aftermarket electronic ignition there could be a problem with the distributor.  As a rule start with the easiest and most obvious.  Since you had crossed wires or wires put in the wrong place on the cap I would consider starting there and rechecking.