IML: Edelbrock and linkage and David Whitney

IML: Edelbrock and linkage and David Whitney

Well, as you all know, ever since I installed the Edelbrock carb on my 64 Iml, I have had a heck of a time getting the kickdown to work. Several of you have offered suggestions, but I just couldn't get it right.

Until Dave Whitney told me a bout Lokar. It is a cable that replaces the stock kickdown lever which gives the fleixbility needed since the lever will hit the firewall and prevent the secondaries from opening.

I just returned from my mechanic where I had the kit installed (info is below). FANTASTIC! Now the car drives as it should and the tranny kicks down for that burst of power. I just wanted to thank David for the info and suggest this solution to you if you have the same problem.

The bracket is sold separately and bolts to the intake manifold. Here is the part number for the cable:
KD-2727HT HI-TECH CHRYSLER 727 KICKDOWN KIT
Here is a link to a product photo, not including the bracket:

http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/products/throttlecables_kd/images/727-904kd.jpg

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas