From: Clint and Laurie Carter <imperialschooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:47:16 -0700
Subject: IML: Dummies Books on Engines?

Hi list!

Okay, now that I've got my Pink Lady home, I want to start working on her. I know the engine needs work...but where do I start? I know, the FSM (that means Factory Service Manual, right?). Is that a good place for a beginner? Or is there a Dummies book? My mechanical knowledge is limited to Lefty Loosy, Righty Tighty. Yeah, I can use a screwdriver and a wrench (hammers are good, too), but what else do I need to learn? I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I have a basic understanding of HOW an engine works, I just don't know how to MAKE it work. How did you all learn? Where do I start?

And body work...oy va!

I have read just about all the messages on the list for the past three years, and frankly, a lot of it's over my head.

So, please point me in the right direction!

Thank you guys and gals,
Laurie Carter
Ilwaco, WA USA
'59 Crown