From: eddie walker <moparedwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:35:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: IML: Additives Fuel Tank/Crank case

What would be considered a minimal amount of ATF in the gas?

randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:
My intuitive brain can't address the accuracy of the numbers here, but I have done the same thing with success. In particular, after getting my '55 Imperial running after its long sleep (1965 through 1997) I used this product as an additive in the gas and oil over an extended period and noticed a big improvment in oil/gas consumption, as well as smoothness and power.

I have also used minimal amounts of ATF (Dextron) in both gas and oil, at the suggestion of a stock car racer pal, and believed that it helped quiet down noisy (but not very loud to begin with) lifters. It is an excellent lubricant and also acts as a detergent to dislodge "engine crud" from the inside of the crank case. It is safer and more gradual than so called "engine cleaners". If an engine is believed to have an internal build up problem, the best way to deal with it is to remove the oil pan and actually clean it out, rather than rely on a can of anything.

Paul W.