Re: IML: Voltage limiter 1960

Yep, Paul is right at the subject here (as always..:)

The limiter is in the temp  gauge (normally that is, cause I have a
cluster were the limiter is in the fuel gauge.. and both clusters are
1960!!)
For you American guys the easiest deal is to buy an IR 9 voltage limiter
from a local NAPA store.
For all the other guys that not live in the US, you can also use a high
power solid state voltage regulater (if anyone is interested I can look up
the part number) this device gives a rock solid 5 Volt which is actually
too low..
So you have to add a silicon diode in the ground lead of the regulator,
that way you would have 5.7 Volt as a output voltage which is perfect for
our 1960 instrument clusters!!

And I am afraid your temperature gauge and fuel gauge are toasted now, so
please unplug your oil pressure gauge otherwise it will be ruined too
after a short while...

All the best,

Robert

1960 Imperial Crown