IML: ABS brakes????Please help

I just bought a 93 Imp. in great shape.

 Problems:
The abs light comes on but than shut off and the car is hard to stop-spoke to the previous owner and he said he would sometimes use the emergency brake to stop the car. I call Chrysler and they said the car had been repaired for the recall on the ABS- what ever that intailed. What should I do to fix this problem