IML: Problem with 1960 Imperial door solenoid

IML: Problem with 1960 Imperial door solenoid

Hello fellow club members,

I have a question for all the 1960 experts (and problably other years too)
on the IML.

My 1960 Crown has an electric door locking system, all the door locks are
controlled by a very powerful solenoid.
One of the solenoids has a problem (front passenger door)..
The outgoing stroke of the solenoid is too long, the operating  lever goes
out too far for just 1/16 " or so when I give the command to close all
doors.
If that happens, the solenoid is locked somehow internally and the lever
won't come in again if reverse power is supplied by the locking switch.

Is it possible to correct the outgoing stroke of the solenoid?
Or if not, does anyone on the IML has a spare one on the shelf that I can
buy?

Thanks in advance,

Robert