Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 11:58 AM
Subject: IML: When the End Is Near: What Have You Got?

  Dearest Sellers and Fellers,

    Do not come to Imperial-land or AnyOldCarville and expect to make money.  As we ALL eventually find out, these ladies are labors of love, a salute to those who came before us and a gift to those who would take them on after we are gone.  These aren't like vindictive ex-wives we can't wait to unload, but more like the old girlfriend/present wife who you never tire to think of, regardless of where you tread.  I have LOVED every car I have ever had and I cannot say that about my choices in real women!!!

    A new thread then perhaps, if I am using the terminology correctly:  of what you have into your cars as of now, what would be the realistic recoup, including a fair amount for YOUR TIME (for that is truly how they stay on the road!!!), should the need to sell arise, percentage-wise?

    I know some have had their cars for years etc. but generally speaking and understanding that "showroom" and "mint" are EXTREMELY arbitrary and that all is relative, I would be very
happy to see 80% of my money (buy + my time + parts/shop time) as I have "fought steel" in order to keep my lady presentable and roadworthy during my association with her over the years and I would be THRILLED with even less than that, should it be going to another Imperialist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ybshore

1956 Four Door Sedan w/354 and Torqueflight three speed push button

NOT FOR SALE, happily!