Re: IML: IML Member Ron Smith

We enjoy are cars very much, and enjoy one another. We encourage and advise from time to time how to and where to fix our cars. It's time to rally around in prayer for this gentlemen whom I don't even know and pray for him and his family for God's healing. Let's continue to talk cars (Imperials), but more importantly lets remember what really matters- Ron, God Bless you and be strong in His Love -Anthony Romano
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:07 PM
Subject: IML: IML Member Ron Smith

Many of you on this list probably know the name of Ron Smith. He is one of the oldest members of the IML and one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He knows more about cars in general, and Imperials in particular, than I will ever know, and he has been a tremendous help to me over the years. Ron is the type of man who will go out of his way to help a fellow car enthusiast and never expects a thing in return.

Although Ron wouldn't want anyone to make a big fuss over him, I thought everyone should know that he has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer. I spoke to him on the phone today and, in typical Ron fashion, he was pretty matter of fact about the whole thing and didn't seem worried. His doctors are optimistic and he seems to be doing well.

I believe in the power of prayer and if anyone would like to join me in offering up a prayer on behalf of Ron and his wife Cindy (who is also a car nut and one of the nicest women you'll ever meet) I know they would appreciate it.

Good luck, Ron!
Mark McDonald