Re: IML: 60 Imperial reflectors

Well Kenyon,

The problem with beer is that I like to drink it myself too much I am
afraid..
The machinist that destroyed my original disc was an older man actually,
he thought that the disc was made out of brass or copper.
And that is why he decided to sandblast it, only to find out then that it
was potmetal @#%%@#!!

Ofcourse I can try to repair the damaged disc myself, but the problem is
that even if I succeed I still have to send the disc to the US cause in my
country most chrome factories can't handle potmetal!!
And another problem for me is that the melting point of brass is almost
the same as the melting point of potmetal (zinc or zamac).
Before you know you will be melting the disc away...

But since it is already destroyed it might be fun to try, who knows what
the result will be :)

Btw, I have no good experiences with chrome paint! First it doesn't look
like chrome at all, more like silver if you ask me.
Second, the paint can be rubbed off easily and can't be protected by a
clear varnish as far as I know..

Ofcourse I will let you know (and the other IML-ers) how things will turn
out in the end :)

Thanks again,

Robert