Re: IML: 60 Imperial reflectors

--- Rob P <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That's cheating.  That XJ Jag isn't painted, it's
> polished aluminum.

Au contraire,

That jag is, I am almost certain, painted.
Cant beleive it? try this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bmwquebec.com/pics/chrome/chrome15.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bmwquebec.com/viewtopic.php%3Ftopic%3D137%26forum%3D4&h=487&w=730&sz=120&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=mfWdVCIoPy0apM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchrome%2Bpaint%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
Those mirrors and body flares simply CANT be polished
aluminum, can they?  The gold-chain crowd that goes
for that sort of car hasn't been having things like
that formed in aluminum as far as I know, but I learn
something new every few hours, it seems.

Also:
http://www.amradios.com/pictures/Pedal%20Chrome%20Sedan.htm

Still doubting?  Well, what other option costs $12.95,
and at that price, what have you got to lose????
http://www.spazstix.com/xcart/home.php?cat=300

Try this: type CHROME PAINT into google and then hit
the IMAGES button at the top.  I've seen the paint
myself in person.  If you're not allowed to touch it
and didn't know better, you'd say it was chrome.
That's all I can say, and we're talking about
solutions to crapped out chrome in a place where it
won't get intense scrutiny and will be protected from
the weather, even.

Anyway, where there's a will, there's a way.  Paint is
just one of the many options that the intrepid
flightsweep-decklid-reflector-restorer has in front of
them.

Let us know what solution ends up working?

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills