Re: IML: 83EFI antenna

Agreed. I would go to a wrecking yard or find a used source. Like the other
member said, these antennas were the same used on just about all Chryslers
through the end of the '80s that had power antennas. My 87 New Yorker has
the same unit as my 82 Imperial coupe, as did my 88 NY 5th Avenue. New
Yorkers of the late '70s-late '80s are plentiful enough these parts are
still common. I would not pay more than a couple bucks for an entire unit
w/ mast ($10 or $20 tops). $275 is not only ludicrous, but downright
highway roberry.

If it were me, I'd head down to my local wrecking yard and pull one myself
from one of the countless '80s New Yorkers that are junked there. They'd
probably charge $7 at the absolute most. I once pulled a working digital
ATC dash unit/computer for my 87 NY for $5. The Chrysler dealership quoted
me $650.00 on that part, brand new. That was over two years ago and that
used ATC is still in my NY today working like it was brand new. I'd say I
got my $5 worth.

>    That was the $275.00 unit!!! NO antenna is worth that  much! Leo
>
>   ----- Original Message -----    From:    Neal Herman    To:
>AM   Subject: RE: IML: 83EFI antenna
>      I did a search on www.partsvoice.com and see that    Collectors Auto
>Supply in Oroville, WA and in Peachland, BC have at least one    in
>inventory.  The phone number is 800/414-4462.  Weren't these    antennas
>pretty common throughout the late 70s and 80s - used on New
>Yorker/Cordoba/Mirada/Fifth Avenue/Diplomat?  I'd think that any
>Chrysler/Dodge dealer should be able to locate a new one.       Neal
>Herman   1959 Imperial Crown   1966 Imperial Crown   1983 Chrysler Cordoba
>(with the antenna you need)   et al.
>
>     ----- Original Message -----      From:      Leo      Heligas
>To: Imperial Club     Sent: 8/1/2006 11:53:58 AM      Subject: IML: 83EFI
>antenna
>     HELP,     I have given up trying to reuse my old      antaenna, can't
>find a replacement mast and besides I think the insides are      shot,
>SO___I am in need of the whole antenna, new part no. 4222 260 or a
>nice used one from all those 81 to 83 parts cars out there!. Found one new
>one on internet for $275.00????, new from Chrysler was around      $100.
>Leo H.

Nat Hall
1982 Imperial Coupe
1987 Chrysler New Yorker