RE: IML: 64 Iml clocks

Hi Doug...if you don't mind my asking, what was the approx. cost to have the clock 'converted' to quartz drive?
Thanks!
Dan Melnik

---- Douglas Nieblas <doug58imp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Hello Folks, I had a similar clock in a 1967 Fury. These clocks are
generally problematic, even if you restore them back to original condition,
they will eventually stop in a few years. The problem lies with the
mechanism which winds the clock. It burns itself out just with regular use.
I had it repaired twice and it simply stopped soon afterwards. I bought an
extra clock in Hemmings and sent it to be converted to a quartz drive and I
never had any further problems. That's what I plan to do with my 58 Imperial
when I get around to it. A quartz convertion is invisible and makes the
clock far more accurate than any electro-mechanical drive. That is what I
recommend to anyone with one of these types of clocks. Bye for now.    Doug