IML: 64 vacuum lines

After reinstalling the instrument panel and re-attaching the speedometer cable and after completely scraping the heck out of my right arm doing so, the parking brake auto release isn't working.  I found the hose that attaches to the vacuum pot on the parking brake release and it is attached. I found the vacuum hose that comes in thru the cowl and both ends are broeken - I guess the line got broken in the middle when I had my hand up there.  I put a connector on, but the brake still doesn't release.

I also found that when I pulled out the ac/heater control unit to change the light bulbs (manual says all bulbs are accessible from under the dash - yeh, right) I unplugged the vacuum port attachment. In so doing, one of the vacuum port plastic hoses was broken off.  In order to fix this, I have to take the darn cluster out again in order to remove the ac/heater controls.

Two questions:  If that AC/heater vaccum port is unplugged, would that also affect the parking brake release?  Second question:  how do I fix the broken tube from the port?  and a third:  does an under dash vacuum line schematic exist?

Jay D'Angelo
64 Iml Cvt
Las Vegas

Express yourself instantly with Windows Live Messenger! Windows Live Messenger!