Re: IML: No drive in's in NY

Well, there's always hope!  And here's a funny detail - at my favorite local (Malta Drive-In, Malta, NY:  http://www.maltadrivein.com/), I had to get them to turn the AM transmitter back ON - seems EVERYone else's car uses FM, but my Imp is a one-band show!  In another sign-o-the-times; the yard is divided into gold-marked spots (too-tall vans & SUVs) and silver spots (real cars!).

On Aug 6, 2006, at 4:54 PM, randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:

Don't give up, they are making a come back. Some of my most vivid memories in my parents '60 Imperial as a kid were at drive in movies...Sparticus, El Cid, 101 Dalmations, Visit to a Small Planet, I'd Rather Be Rich, etc...just wait. Nothing that good is ever gone forever, and now they use the radio or "sound system" in your car to hear the audio!

Paul W.

-----Original Message-----
From: jecny75@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 1:03 PM
Subject: IML: No drive in's in NY

I am on Long Island.  They demolished our last drive in about 10 years ago.  I guess with all the commercialization going on here there's no more room for those kinds of things.  Sad. __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com  -----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com  ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please  reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be  shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTo UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm

John Corey
CFIC-Qdrive, 302 Tenth St., Troy, NY 12180 USA
518-272-3565
fax: -272-3582