Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: IML: CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 81-83 & 90- 93-=WHY??

Look at what Chrysler has done with the current
incarnation of the 300 and you have a window into
what's likely with whatever they do with/to Imperial.

The 80's and 90's incarnations were probably similar
in that they were efforts to put a car into a
marketing or   linup niche perceived by the
strategists as needing to be filled more than they
needed continuity and context to what had come before
- One had 2 doors and the other was FWD, so....

Prior to that, Imperial flowed as a line from 1926 to
1975 as the pinnacle product in the line of offerings
from a strong and vibrant company.  The Chrysler of
1981 and 1990 (and perhaps 2006?) is a markedly
different company.

I like the later cars and don't intend to slight them
- just comparing what I think are facts.

It doesn't really matter, does it?  The target market
for the Imperial has nothing much to do with what we
know Imperial to be, just as the current 300 does not
have much of any real connection to the 300 name of
the past (that I can see, anyway).

-Kenyon

--- anthony romano <mamrom@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello! Help me to understand why the "Comeback" of
the 80's and the 90's Imperials never took off as a
sort after car? In my opinion, the cars had the edge
in style and engineering. Both cars were ahead of
its time with amentias. So with all this, was it a
marketing blunder or was it only intended to make a
"Cameo"  appearance for those years. It makes you
think that the new Imperial concept car might have
the same fate, unless Chrysler really intends to
resurrected permanently as to compete with the ever
growing Luxury market. Let's face it, back in the
day Imperial had only two rivals to compete with,
unlike today fierce competition.

                        Your Thoughts Appreciated!

                                         Anthony

Kenyon Wills