Re: IML: Q icw 'original' interior (codes?)

Re: IML: Q icw 'original' interior (codes?)

I have the dealer sample book for 1966, with large paint chips, upholstery,
vinyl top and convertible top samples.  There was only one white, which
would have been leather with a pearlescent finish.  The door panels and top
were vinyl, and would not have that finish.  I have the original
pearlescent-finish leather in my '66 Crown, so as long as your seats have
the pattern of those in this convertible once owned by Chris Hawkins,
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1966/Hawkins/66convert/index.htm , I'd say
you are fine.  You neglected to mention what color the car is, though white
seats were available with all paint colors.  Black carpet & dash was
offered with all paint colors except the three blues (Powder Blue, Crystal
Blue, and Regal Blue).  Blue carpet and dash was offered with those blues
plus Silver Mist, Formal Black, and Persian White.

Hope that helps.  I have the paint codes and trim codes, if you want
something more exact.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1966 Imperial Crown
et al.

my '66 Convertible and there is one thing (at least!) that really confuses
me. Several owners back the interior was removed (reason unklnown) and the
next owner, while starting a 'restoration' on the car, put in another
interior, which is the current 'pearlescent white' now in the vehicle. The
door panels and convert. top are WHITE. Is there any way that I can find
out just what color interior (WHITE vs. PEARLESCENT WHITE) this car had in
it from the factory? I am looking into replacing the complete interior but
would like to do the 'factory original' thing instead of guessing at what
was there in the first place!?
"dansgarage@xxxxxxxxxxxx"