Re: IML: Proper "Hydration"

Imperialists,

    The reason for the pint of dry gas/gasline antifreeze to the tank regardless of the season (I pride myself on at least ONE ride per month which can be challenging here in New England) is that regardless of the fact I go out of my way both fiscally and physically to use Major Brand fuel only and the highest octane to boot , here that would mean Mobil, Exxon, Gulf and Shell predominantly, and despite my best efforts, and theirs' they will tell you, somehow my Sedan Turq (named for the color) always seems to know when water has entered the system if even only in the minutest amounts.  Now call me cheap (and anal my wife will chime in, and I do not care when it comes to the Imp!), but at 33 cents per bottle per 20+ gallon tank, to me it ensures at least some additional level of purity to the fuel which has been transferred under MANY temperature conditions before it hits the pump, Quality Control for Corporate be d******.

    I did this before and now I continue despite the fact I replaced and flushed every fuel line and had the tank RENU'ed this winter.  I just find this makes her response better and when I am forced to "gut" her a little, as in manifold gaskets or secondary springs for the carb (winter stuff revealed) , the proof is in the top end and within my carb...............80,000 and smooooth.................

Respectfully All,

ybshore

1956 Imperial Sedan