IML: Lucille 1968 Imperial Crown

Well, Mark and Paul - you aren't the only ones out in our splendid NW weather lately! (oops - can't let anybody know how NICE it is here in our all-too-brief summers.....)

Hubby Rick and I had a very pleasant visit from friend and fellow Imperialist Bill Ullmann last Saturday. Since Bill adopted his beloved Doris Day (1966 Convertible) out to Dan, he's been somewhat Imperial-deprived. We took Lucille out for a little spin around our country backroads, with Bill driving and me riding shotgun - nice change! I loved getting to enjoy the panoramic view from the greenhouse, and out over the huge expanse of golden-painted hood!

Bill could not reisist "sticking his foot in it" on long straightaways, remarking at her acceleration, and was most pleasantly surprised at the quality and effectiveness of those big Budd discs in front when he ran out of road. Lucille's sensitive handling and smooth ride made negotiating the narrow paved roads a pleasure, and she sniffed derisively at the bumps and lumps in the gravel access road we live on. Lesser vehicles move OVER when they see her coming, even those local denizens with huge tires and jacked up suspensions. With the windows down to enjoy the perfect temperature, it was a completely wonderful experience. These big cars were meant to DRIVE, and they still do such a wonderful job of doing just that. Pretty doggone nice from the passenger's perspective too!

Kate & Lucille

Kate Justet Triplett
Homesick Angels LLC
www.IrishHuntersandJumpers.com