From: "Clint and Laurie Carter" <imperialschooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: In defense of pink (was Re: IML: An Elvis Imperial?)

One of the reasons I purchased my '59 Crown is the Persian Pink color. I
think it's lovely. Check out the ads on the website for '59 and you'll find
a gorgeous Pink LeBaron in a two page layout that also features Estee
Lauder. Yes, Pink is a feminine color and that is another appealing
factor...I know these cars were marketed to women, as well as men. BTW, the
former owner of my car was a crusty, dusty old farmer. So I don't think the
color of the car determines what kind of person bought it.

Also, it is my opinion that in the late 1950's people were getting tired of
the stock blue, green, black, blah car colors of the 1940's. So we have a
plethora of pinks, coppers, bronze, etc. etc.

Laurie Carter
Ilwaco, WA USA
'59 Crown (The Pink Lady)
'65 Crown Coupe