Re: IML: Steering Column Cover Needed

Tim Durrer <tdkd99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know where I should start looking for the plastic cover that mounts to the dash of my 1973 Imperial? It covers the lower steering column and houses the pull levers that operate the left and right
fresh air vents. When I got the car it was broken and hanging by the cables that work the vents. My interior is dark blue.
Tim -- the same piece from any '71, '72, or '73 Imperial, Chrysler Newport, or Chrysler New Yorker will work.  You can easily paint this piece to match the color of your interior.  Try some of the salvage yards listed under "Parts" on the club's website for sources.

Best luck,

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!

  My Collection of Imperials

1965 Imperial LeBaron
  1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
  1970 Imperial LeBaron