Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 6:04 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: 66 imperial camshaft/lifters

Dick

Thanks for your advice.  You did a beautiful job on your car.  I have all the tools you used, so I am going to do it your way. I removed my engine/trans on another make(don't want to get in trouble) and was able to remove the core support, which made it a piece of cake.  However, the 66 Imperial would require you to remove the entire front clip which looks like a huge job. I see how you solved the clearance problem regarding the length of the engine/trans vs the small opening you have to get it out.

By the way, i have the same steering wheel as yours, but it is black.  I have a clear one on my other car and i just love that look.

Thanks again

Marty

From: "Dick Benjamin" <dickb@xxxxxxxxx>

Marty;

If you read my write-up on the refurbish of my 67,  one of the things I cover in some detail is removing/installing the engine and transmission as a unit – so rather than type the whole thing again, I’ll ask you to just go there and see if that answers your questions.

The link is http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1967/DickBsRefurb/index.htm

Click on that, then wait for it to load, then scroll down to Chapter 6 (reassembly), and then down to “engine and transmission”. .