Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:49 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 1960 trans/prop/diff/problems

hi, i have just had my 1960 trans rebuilt as was hanging off bell
housing
and caused major damage to internals, all was fine for about 300 miles
when
then same problem arose?? i returned car to the autoshop - who said that
the
4 bolts had come lose again.. he re-sucured and i should take back for
recheck after 100 miles. does anyone know the cause of this problem????

as a precaution i am having the propshaft balanced / uj's replaced and
the
diff checked out.

also oil is escaping up and out of a selector cable, are there new
replacment cables available??

best wishes, steve.