Re: IML: Torque-flite 727

--- Luis Villar <vintagetrans@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a 1956 with a torque-flite...my question is,
> does the 727
> transmission, after the push-button was discontinued
> in 1965 or 66, has the
> same pattern to be installed to the 1956, 354 Hemi?
> Help will be
> appreciated.
> Luis Villar

56-61 TF's had a cast-iron body.
56-62 TF's had the park brake at the rear.
62-   TF's had aluminum bodies
Push-button/cable operation ended in 1965.

The 1962 is the only year that has both the later
aluminum body and the park brake assembly.

I don't know about bolt-pattern and if it changed when
they went from the hemi to the 413 in 1959.

I'd start looking at a 62 trans as a possible unit.

Kenyon Wills