From: "Frederick Joslin" <fljoslin@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Changing the Left to Right

Hi Nigel:

Disagreeing is fine.

I know why Chrysler used left hand threads on the driver's side. I was
not aware of other makes that did, but most of my knowledge is 60's and
70's American vehicles. I grew up in England in the 60's but do not know
much about the cars.

I just think that history has shown that it was not necessary to use left
handed thread lug nuts. I would guess that the left hand threads have
caused more problems than they "might" have solved.

 If I was an automotive engineer in the position of choosing whether to
use left hand threaded lug nuts you would have to really prove to me that
the right handed ones did not work. I lived in St Louis for ten years in
the "Show Me State" and you would have to show me.   :)

Thanks.