Re: IML: My '63 'Vert: Starting to see the end of the tunnel

Re: IML: My '63 'Vert: Starting to see the end of the tunnel

Mark, that's beautiful - it makes me feel better about doing up my 61' soft top in original Alaska White!  Thanks, jc

Gang,
Thought I'd share some photos of my 'vert. Some
might remember my recent
move to Austin. The mover (Dependable Auto Shippers)
dropped my Polara
onto the trunk and rear-end of my Imperial crushing
the rear header
panel and bowing in the driver's side quarter panel
by about an inch. It
took nearly 6 months to get through a settlement
with them before I got
enough money to get both the Polara and the Imp
repaired.

Once it went to the body shop back in Houston, it
took an additional 9
months to get the car back (a whole other ordeal).
Then, being stubburn,
let the cars sit in the garage until I could finally
face going out to
put the car back together.

Anyway, here's some pictures.

The first 6 shots are of the car at the body shop.
The body guy ground
down the rear end area to see how bad the damage
was. The first three
show the car after he pulled out the valence panel
below the trunk lid
and fixed the trunk lid.

We did solve a mystery. The car had been hit from
the front at some
point and someone did some fancy filler work on it.
Explains why the
Imperial emblems were missing from the sides of the
car. I had all of
the filler pulled out and the panels reshaped
properly.

The second row shows the car on the day I picked it
up. There's the
reason why I like white cars. The sides are nice and
slick. All the
metal work came out great.

The last row is the result of work over the last few
weeks. I color
sanded and buffed out the paint. I've been buffing
stainless and chrome
nearly every night. I got the rear bumper mounted on
Saturday. Now, all
I need to do is turn the car around and get the
chrome on the front clip.

Starting to see the end of the tunnel!
Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible

1968 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible

-----------------  http://www.imperialclub.com
This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing
List. Please
response will be
shared with everyone. Private messages (and
attachments) for the
Administrators should be sent to
To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to