Re: Re: IML: 69 voltage regulator follow up

Re: Re: IML: 69 voltage regulator follow up

Dwain,
All this 69 voltage reg.talk  got me wondering about my own 69 Lebaron, so I went to the garage and looked.  I have known for a long time it has an electronic regulator but have never given it much thought.  I also knew that several years ago I replaced the regulator with one from a parts store and it worked.
So anyway,  I have the 3 pole alternator with the 2 pin regulator.  My car has the 2 pin wiring harness for the 2 pin voltage reg.  In the service manual it shows a blue ignition lead going from the voltage  regulator to the ballast resistor, my car does not have this.  Go figure.
I've owned this car since 1972 and now I'm wondering if it was converted from a mechanical regulator to an electronic regulator be fore I bought the car.
Thoughts  to ponder.
Ed Noble
62 Crown
69 Lebaron