Re: IML: 90-93 a/c-heat damper vent doors Not working properly

Re: IML: 90-93 a/c-heat damper vent doors Not working properly

Anthony,

Is your Imperial with this problem a '93?

As Alan indicated, code 19 is unfamiliar to me, as well.

I've never dealt with the '93s and I had assumed that all the late '80s and
early '90s Chrysler cars with this system used the same codes. It's
conceivable the codes were revised, or added to, in 1993. I know the codes
were basically the same at least through 1990 or 91. Anyone with a 1993 FSM
that could look into this?

David,

Code 10 is most definitely the power/vaccum module. First do as Alan
suggests and resume testing with PANEL. Make sure you don't have any other
error codes.

Before you replace the power/vaccum module there are some electrical tests
you need to perform on the "head" ATC unit. Also check wiring from unit to
module. I've found that it's not uncommon for the computers in these ATC
units to fail to some degree and give false error codes. The units
themselves are relatively easy to remove and test. If your problem *is* in
the ATC itself, it's a mixed blessing. Replacement is easy. Far easier than
replacing any other component in the system. Finding a new one can be
expensive. Chrysler wanted $650.00 for these in 2004. I can't imagine
they've dropped the price much since then. After hearing the price the
parts house wanted for it, I went to my local yard and pulled one from a
wrecked New Yorker for $5. It's worked like a dream for the past two years.
Earlier this year I was at the yard for something else and noticed a bunch
of cars there had the unit so I harvested a couple just "in case".