From: <randalpark@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 9:43 AM
Subject: IML: Safety First

This brings to my mind something else that isn't common knowledge. It also
could come under the category of "nobody ever told me not to do this".

Cinder blocks must NEVER be used in place of jack stands. I have seen many
cars held up this way, and two of them came crashing down once the cinder
blocks blew apart from the weight. I have come across folks under their
cars, while held up this way, and ordered them out. One time it was just in
time, as the car came down shortly after that. The guy was about to punch me
out for interfering, until he saw what the hoopla was all about right then
and there.

Quality jack stands should always be used, and used properly to protect
against injury. They should also be used as a safety with any jack,
including hydraulics.

Paul W.