IML: 56 Driveshaft

After many offers of assistance and suggestions from the members of the club, I finally found someone that had “been-there and done-that” with respect to a broken retainer washer at the junction of the two driveshafts.  I am passing this along in the event someone else needs to discuss the older-technology utilized in the mid-50’s Imperials.

Someone (I believe it was Jim from Collectors Auto Supply who sent me to Mike somebody in Mississippi) sent me to the Driveshaft Shop in Salisbury, NC at 704-633-2380.  They have a fellow there named Frank who is knowledgeable beyond my capacity to understand.  He solved my problem with a practical 60 second discussion and that is that.  Just thought you all might want to keep his number handy.  He was a pleasure to deal with.

And thanks to the many that tried to help me find a part that is no longer produced and darned hard to find.

Tom Cox