From: jcantor791@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 1:41 PM
Subject: IML: 56 Front Plate Brackets

I'm on a quest for a front license plate bracket for my 56. I have one very rusted example from the parts car I'm currently disassembling and the chance to purchase another from a gentleman in AR. What I've discovered based on my conversation with him and a review of the pictures on the website, is that there were two different orientations for front plate mounting: a lower mounted bracket that was attached to the bottom of the bumper and placed the plate in front of the bumper and an upper mounted bracket coming off of the top of the bumper that placed the plate in front of the grill. For examples compare the following pictures from our website:

http://www.imperialclub.org/Yr/1956/Farrar/Front.jpg
http://www.imperialclub.org/Yr/1956/NormanWeinfeld/PurchaseDay.jpg

This raises some obvious questions:
Why the difference?
When was the change made?
(And most important to my current quest) Are the brackets the same, only mounted differently or are they different?

Thanks,
Jeff
'56 Sedan
Trenton, NJ